krb5 from ports interferes with LibreOffice

Matthew Rezny matthew at reztek.cz
Wed Feb 19 17:20:06 UTC 2014

LibreOffice build fails during configure claiming it can't find a
library with krb5_sendauth (actually it finds the library but the
wrong one so linking fails). The config.log is attached.

On a hunch, I removed the krb5 port (pulled in by virtuoso, which I
have no remorse about removing as well). LibreOffice builds fine
against base krb5 libs. If the port can't be made to ignore krb5 from
ports, it should give a warning or mark as conflict when the
PostgreSQL option is enabled and krb5 port is already installed.