ports/182862: x11-fonts/croscorefonts-fonts-ttf : add some more fonts.

giffunip at tutopia.com giffunip at tutopia.com
Thu Oct 17 01:30:02 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/182862; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: <giffunip at tutopia.com>
To: Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: ports/182862: x11-fonts/croscorefonts-fonts-ttf : add some more
 fonts.
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:11:08 -0500

  Hello;

  On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:35:32 +0300, Raphael Kubo da Costa
  <rakuco at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
 > Since these new fonts are not part of ChromeOS's core fonts
 > collection
 > (if we can call it that way), wouldn't it make more sense to follow
 > upstream and have a separate port for ChromeOS extra fonts?

  To be honest, I am not sure if we can/should clasify them in the same
  package.
  They do share in common that they are metric-compatible to MS fonts and
  they
  are in the same site.

  FWIW, this looks like the homesite for the Google collection:

  https://code.google.com/p/googlefontdirectory/

  Pedro.