Let's get moving
sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Tue Jun 2 00:40:37 UTC 2015
On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 11:32:29PM +0000, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
> Hey people,
> I was looking at https://wiki.freebsd.org/Numerics, and we are stalling.
The wiki is out-of-date. I've committed patches for erfcl, erfl,
and lgammal. I'm working on powl and I'll do tgammal after I get
powl done. I have versions of sincos[fl], which aren't quite ready,
but I would like to have available for my work on the Bessel functions.
> For example, we have working code for clog and clogf - why don't we
> commit it?
> One of the reasons I bring this up is I would like to create a port for
> http://librsb.sourceforge.net/, and the only barriers are the lack of
> cpowf and cpow. Right now I intend to commit it with a rather
> simplistic patch:
* The C99 standard intends x+I*y to be used for this, but x+I*y is
* currently unusable in general since gcc introduces many overflow,
* underflow, sign and efficiency bugs by rewriting I*y as
* (0.0+I)*(y+0.0*I) and laboriously computing the full complex product.
* In particular, I*Inf is corrupted to NaN+I*Inf, and I*-0 is corrupted
* to -0.0+I*0.0.
Last time I checked, clang was even worse with regards to I.
More information about the freebsd-numerics