C99 Long Double Math Functions

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Tue May 21 11:44:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 04:01:01PM +1000, Bruce Evans wrote:
> On Sun, 19 May 2013, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, life gets in the way of hacking on FreeBSD.  However,
> > it so happens that I'll be sending a patch to das@ in early June
> > with an expl() update and an implementation for expm1l().
>
> Unfortunately, das@ has been inactive since he got his PhD.

Well, das@ is still listed as my mentor, so I need approval
from him to commit.  He did indicate to me that if you approved
a patch, I could commit it.  Our usual exchange follows:

here:
  1) I send a (possibly new) diff.
  2) you tell me that you've made some refinements to the algorithm(s)
     or there are style(9) issues.
  3) I integrate your changes (where upon I fat finger something to
     introduce a new style(9) issue).
  4) I then spend a week or so testing the changes on i386, amd64, and
     sparc64.
  5) Generate a new diff and send it to bde.
  6) Get busy with life.
  7) goto here.

--
Steve