Book names about Computer Approximations

Bruce Evans brde at optusnet.com.au
Sun Sep 23 00:46:08 UTC 2012

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> Dear All ,
>
> I want to buy some books about computer approximations to
> functions such as elementary , distributions , etc.
> like the books
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Approximations-Digital-Computers-Cecil-Hastings/dp/B000Q5GBG6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1348357087&sr=1-1
> http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Approximations-John-Fraser-Hart/dp/0882756427
> http://www.amazon.com/Elementary-Functions-Implementation-Jean-Michel-Muller/dp/0817643729/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_2

Muller's boot is probably good.  (I haven't found time to read it and hope
I already know most of it.)

Also one by Muller et al "Handbook of Floating Point ...".  It was too
expensive to buy for something I don't have time to read, but a google
search found it and it had exactly what I needed in google books.

> http://www.amazon.com/Elementary-Functions-Prentice-Hall-computational-mathematics/dp/0138220646/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_3

I don't know anything about the others.

Bruce