Complex arg-trig functions

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Fri Sep 21 19:25:10 UTC 2012

On 09/21/2012 02:05 PM, Bruce Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2012, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

> - decide whether my old change to remove unnecessary accuracy for the
>    case where ax == 1, ay < FLT_EPSILON in catanh() is correct (you
>    didn't accept it, and maybe other accuracy changes make it extra
>    accuracy more interesting).

Or maybe I missed it.

I did put in the pio2_hi etc stuff in before this email telling me to
hold off.

I assume you still want pio2_hi etc stuff in catanh.  There is it still
m_pi_2.  I was thinking
poi2_hi + (tiny + pio2_lo)
or maybe declaring pio2_lo as volatile and using
pio2_hi + pio2_lo

This last week I was very busy and I had to put this project off a
while.  But now I think things are slowing down again.