Complex arg-trig functions
stephen at missouri.edu
Mon Jul 30 22:56:31 UTC 2012
I will be posting my updates on this web page:
The file catrig.c contains implementations of cacos(h), casin(h),
catan(h). I have been working on it everyday - I seem unable to put it
I have now tested the following values for x and y:
1. Random values normally distributed N(0,1)
2. Random values e^X where X is uniformly distributed on [-300,300]
3. Random values 1+e^x or -1+e^x where X is uniformly distributed on
4. Combinations from (2) and (3).
The worst case errors seem to be below 4 ULP.
It passes Peter Jeremy's program http://www.rulingia.com/~peter/ctest.c
for checking edge cases like inf, nan, -0 etc.
I am looking for suggestions:
1. For the implementations - improvements to the program to make it
2. Other ranges of values to test for.
3. And yes, I am now ready at accept changes to the writing style.
More information about the freebsd-numerics