Use of C99 extra long double math functions after r236148

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Sun Aug 12 23:12:51 UTC 2012

Hey guys, I just found this paper:

Implementing complex elementary functions using exception handling,
T. E. Hull, Thomas F. Fairgrieve, Ping-Tak Peter Tang
ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, Volume 20 Issue 2, June 1994
Pages 215-244

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=178365.178404

This includes an algorithm for clog.  Now that I have discovered just
how hard it really is, I am going to read this paper.

There is also a Corrigenda to this paper - the digital copy seems to be
missing.  But I will try to retrieve the paper copy from my library.

http://toms.acm.org/cgi/TOMSbibget.cgi?Anonymous:1994:C

If anyone else wants a copy of these papers, I would be glad to share
it.  But I am using the University of Missouri subscription to ACM, and
I don't want to abuse it by sharing the paper willy-nilly.