Use of C99 extra long double math functions after r236148

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Sun Aug 12 23:03:24 UTC 2012

On 07/26/2012 10:26 PM, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> I've been writing a test harness to vet the special case handling of
> all the complex functions (excluding cpow so far).  Basically, it's
> just Appendix G.6 of WG14/N1256 turned into a C array, plus code to
> actually run the tests & interpret the results.  So far, it's about
> 1100 lines of which about 1/3 is the test cases and is intended to run
> on x86/armle/sparc and FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris (I'm using Solaris and,
> to a lesser extent, Linux as a cross-check on my interpretation of the
> text).  Once I'm happy with it, I'll circulate it.  I was initially
> hoping to make it commitable but 8-char tabs and 80-char lines would
> require lots of line wrapping that would make it harder for me to
> follow.

On the subject of Linux, I tested the relative errors of the Linux
versions of clog, casinh, etc.  They performed rather badly.  They
really flunked the clog(z) for |z| close to 1 test.

As for your test program, maybe you could run some script to change the
indents to the 8-char tabs when you are done.  It does sound like a
useful program, and it would be nice if it were generally available in
the FreeBSD source code.