KVM switch support?

Eric Reeves EReeves at eline.com
Thu Mar 10 15:00:14 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to install 5.3-STABLE on an HP Pavilion box I have laying around.  For some reason the installer is not handling the output from my KVM switch.  The model is IOGear MiniView(tm) II USB KVM
Model # GCS124U.

This model sends in the keyboard and mouse signal over a single USB port (which I thought was pretty cool, I hadn't heard of that before).  The PC itself seems to understand it, I can get into the BIOS before the installer starts, but sysinstall does not respond to keyboard input.  I am wondering if this is just an issue with the version of FreeBSD that boots from the install disk not having the right drivers, or what.  Anyone have any advice?

thanks,
Eric Reeves