File System mounting prob

Xian ml-freebsd-newbies at codepad.net
Thu Jan 13 16:07:46 PST 2005

Cheers. I'll have that working in no time now

On Thursday 13 January 2005 02:02, David Adam wrote:
> unfortunately, they're written in a weird looking language.
> They're understandable, but only just.

That weird language is something that the man command can deal with. If you
look at the other man pages on your system they are the same.

zmore /usr/share/man/man1/man.1.gz

I found this out when I wanted to write a man page for a project of mine, and
I thought it might be in a language like HTML. No such luck. It appears it
has references to macros or something. (I gave up on writing the man page in
man language and used a text editor)

Anyway, they way to get round that I found is to put those man pages you
mentioned into /usr/share/man/man5

--
/Xian

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot. C++ lets you reuse the bullet"
Unknown Author