Multiple vpn connections on gre(47)

Emilio Lombardo emiliokatia at terra.com.br
Wed Feb 23 20:38:36 GMT 2005

Hi at all the list
I'm a newbie to free bsd and used to have some experience with Debian Linux and now i decided to move to
this new system especially attracted by the fact that ipfw is built in into the kernel so ...less compatibility problems
and moreover has some good utility for managing bandwidth built in
I manage a local lan here and we are using multiple connections of vpn on gre protocol (47) and we do also nat on the
interfaces of the firewall that now is in the debian but we're thinking  move into freebsd soon
My doubt is if this multiple connections are possible in fbsd because on Debian we managed it but we had to recompile the kernel with
the Patch-o-Matic add-in and recompile iptables again

thank you for any help !

regards