drive geometry error

Adam Fabian afabian at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 28 09:08:25 PST 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 02:42:57AM -0800, Jef Dodson wrote:
> I first tried leaving the values alone and it produced the
> error.  I then tried changing the values to the values that
> my BIOS reported but that gave the same error.  Incidentally,
> the values that the installer is setting are the same values
> that I see if I run fdisk and print the partition table for and
> identical (but different) drive that has a Linux installation.

I'm still hazy on this.  On the attempt where FreeBSD said that the
reported geometry was unlikely, and it was using a more likely
geometry, and you accepted FreeBSD's more likely geometry (if, in
fact, you made such an attempt; this is where I'm hazy), when you
tried to commit to the install, what error message did you get?

--
Adam Fabian (afabian at austin.rr.com)