lost e-mail

Olivier Gautherot ogautherot at freesurf.fr
Sun May 23 23:35:39 PDT 2004

Hi Joshua!

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 07:20, Joshua Lewis wrote:
> I have recently finished installing FBSD and have setup KDE for my desktop
> (Wife needs a GUI). I set up Kmail for her any myself. Now all of a sudden
> neither of us can log in as our users. And root (please god do not let
> someone try to hack my system) no longer needs password.

Did you use sysinstall to create your wife's username? I seem to
remember seeing such a behavior in the past with one of my fresh
installs. If root runs the cshell and all your disks are mounted, I
doubt you're in sigle user mode.

Just reset the root password using the command passwd and recreate the
users with the command adduser. You should be all set.

Hope it helps
	Olivier