Syslog'ing PIX

Brad Tarver btarver at fpwk.com
Mon Mar 22 20:08:58 PST 2004

I found it after rereading the syslog.conf(5) man page.

     A hostname specification of the form `#+hostname' or `+hostname'
means
     the following blocks will be applied to messages received from the
speci-
     fied hostname.  Alternatively, the hostname specification
`#-hostname' or
     `-hostname' causes the following blocks to be applied to messages
from
     any host but the one specified.  If the hostname is given as `@',
the
     local hostname will be used.  As for program specifications,
multiple
     comma-seprarated values may be specified for hostname
specifications.

Also, there appears to be a problem with the !startslip and !ppp at the
end the 5.2.1-RELEASE default syslog.conf. None of my +hostname lines
were parsed until I put them above the !prog lines.

Important Confidentiality And Limited Liability Notice

This email and any attachments may be confidential and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the email or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender and deleting this copy and the reply from your system. Please note that any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Forman Perry Watkins Krutz & Tardy LLP. (FPWK&T). The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. FPWK&T accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Thank you for your cooperation.