Please help me out with a Radeon 9600XT issue

Ceri Davies ceri at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 19 19:25:27 GMT 2004

> I need your help in configuring my video card, at the time of
> installation I didn't see my card in the list of video cards, so I
> skipped that step.  Now when I log in and type in startx, the screen
> turns off.  I am assuming there is a file somewhere that hold the
> config for the video card, would you be able to tell me what file it
> is and what I would need to put in there in order to make my Radeon
> 9600XT work properly?

You didn't see it in the list because it's not there.  The Radeon
9600XT is not supported by the XFree86-4-Server port.

You can probably just install the XFree86-4-Server-snap port, unless you
have FreeBSD/amd64, in which case you'll need to hack up the
XFree86-4-Server port, for which I have patches.

Ceri
--
It is not tinfoil, it is my new skin.  I am a robot.