freebsd-newbies Digest, Vol 64, Issue 1

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:34:07 GMT 2004

On June 7, 2004, "Joshua Lewis" <jmlewis at dslextreme.com> wrote:

> > May be there are slices on this drive?
> > And so you should try
> >
> > mount /dev/ad1s1 /disk2
> >
> > to mount your only slice on second drive.
>
>It has a filesystem on it I added it during the install. The file system
>was ufs +s.
>
>It is one large 80GB slice. No other slice. If there is only once slice
>should my previous command have mounted the drive properly?

Hi,

If you're still having problems, please re-read the handbook.
Specifically:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mount-unmount.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disk-organization.html

(mostly the latter part of the second doc.; you can skip most
of the technical stuff, if you wish.)

If you continue to have problems after that, please write
freebsd-questions for definitive answer(s). (Questions
should not be answered on -newbies. <- not meant as an
admonition against those who helped, just stating fact.)

Regards,
Clayton.