Modem PC Card Problem

Prabhakar Kalasani kalasani at sena.com
Fri Feb 6 23:57:17 PST 2004

Hi all,
My modem is "3com's Megahertz 56k cellular modem PC card" , It's not
winmodem I suppose.
If i use "Billionton's 56 kbps FAM/MODEM PC card" I could get "AT" response
from the target to minicom, what could be the difference between these two
cards , Is it problem with driver , I don't think so , cause I could detect
the both the cards after insmod the modules.  If i use "cardctl ident"
command the result is like

root at 192.168.6.6:~# cardctl ident
Socket 0:
  product info: "3Com", "3CXM/3CCM556", "Megahertz 56K Cell/Telephony Modem"
  manfid: 0x0101, 0x0034
  function: 2 (serial)

But If I put the 3com's Megahertz 56k cellular modem PC card in my Notebook
slot I could get the response from the same Modem. I'm using MPC55T
processot based target board.

What could be the problem ?
thanks in advance for your great help

Best Regards,