Manpage interpreter

Sally Hines shines at smaller.net
Thu Dec 23 13:15:37 PST 2004

Hi,

I've been subscribing to this list for over 3 years. I initially subscribed
to the -questions list also, but I couldn't handle the volume, and also
couldn't interpret the language used there. I need to learn in a language
that I know, or at least get an interpreter for the manpage-ese that's used
in replies to questions on that list.

I ask a simple question, how do I automate ports update? I get "read the
manpages" or quoting from the manpages which is written in a language
foreign to me, but masquerades as English. Where can I get at least a good,
simple glossary for the terms used in the manpages and on the questions
list?

I asked questions here, and got yelled at, at great length. I have not
posted to this list for over a year because of that.

Sally Hines
With a broken FreeBSD box