The FreeBSD Xperience

Corsis corsis at epnix.com
Sat Apr 10 11:43:50 PDT 2004

[Micheal Peters] I've had X up and running with KDE a few times.  But with
my current install, I'm holding off installing X until I have a chance to
really read how the whole thing interacts with the OS.  From what I
understand X is a bear all to itself :)

> I have been reading 'FreeBSD Unleashed' to help me through the install
> on the second machine, and I'm at about the middle of the book.  Soon
> I'll setup mail and Apache.  Ahaha! I've gone mad with the power (to
> serve)!

[Micheal Peters] I've been hearing a lot about this book.  In my library, I
have Absolute BSD, seems to be an ok book.  But I've been thinking about
getting the Unleashed one, Different views on the same subject seems to be a
good thing at time :)