X-windows

Johnson David DavidJohnson at Siemens.com
Tue Apr 6 10:37:15 PDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 06:59 am, DerAlSem wrote:
> Hello freebsd-newbies,
>
>   Just wonder, what the minimum requirements for X? Can i run it on
>   Pentium 200 MMX, 128 RAM, 4 MB video (shared)? Or i shouldn't try?

I don't know what the minimum requirements are, but I'm running it on a
100MHz, 86 RAM laptop with 4Mb shared video memory.

Actually, your 128Mb RAM is plenty. The only problem you might have is
that your video memory is going to limit your resolution and color
depth.

David