XFree86

Kim Fredenberg kim.fredenberg at dc.turkuamk.fi
Sat Jun 21 09:50:57 PDT 2003

Jeandre du Toit wrote:

>That option seems to work alot better than the graphical option. I am glad
>that I am not the only person that suffers trying to use that.
>
>Thanks alot for all the help.
>Jeandre
>
>On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, David Lodeiro wrote:

Hi,

I typically do 'XFree86 -configure' as root. This method automtically
detects your hardware. Then I manually edit the missing parts such as
Monitor rates, keyboard layout etc. by hand. I find this an easy way of
configuring X. After I did it in this way a couple of times it made me
feel that it was much quicker and easier than any config frontend.

Kim