Starting daemons at boot

Johnson David DavidJohnson at Siemens.com
Thu Jun 12 10:30:00 PDT 2003

On Thursday 12 June 2003 04:24 am, Kris Kerwin wrote:
> Just wondering how I can start kdm and xfs, as well as other daemons,
> at boot without having to log in as root and type it manually.
> Thanks.

The documentation is your friend! If you installed the documentation,
you can find your answers at:

kdm - /usr/share/doc/handbook/x-xdm.html

xfs - /usr/share/doc/handbook/x-fonts.html

(I'm not sure how xfs is being started on my system, because I am not
doing it manually, but it is being run)

If you did not install the documenation, it is still available online at
www.freebsd.org.

David