Recommended reading: FreeBSD for production server use

Libby Charles-CCL044 Charles.S.Libby at motorola.com
Wed Jul 16 12:03:33 PDT 2003

Nico wrote ------

I'm currently on the prowl for documentation regarding this matter. Be it online references, off and on line books, magazines: I'm game.

I've heard great things about Mr. Lucas' "Absolute BSD", but then again there are "FreeBSD Unleashed" and "The Complete FreeBSD", which are both regarded highly aswell. daemonnews.org, freebsddiary.org and such are bookmarked.

I too am looking for a resource which would tell me what the day to day tasks are for administering a system.  What logs do I need to look in, what files do I need to clean, etc...  I find a lot of books on administration and all talk about tools to be used, but I would also like to know what kind of schedule, files, need to be looked at regularly.  That is where administration rubber meets the road.

									Charles S. Libby
									Technical Trainer and Still a FreeBSD Newbee.