can't disable capability 0x400 on a vlan interface

Matt Churchyard matt.churchyard at userve.net
Mon Jan 25 21:37:17 UTC 2021

Hello,

I've noticed the following warnings in dmesg and wondered if anyone had insight on what they mean. It doesn't seem to actually be causing me an obvious problem but I'm not keen on random warnings that I haven't seen before and don't understand.

core2: can't disable some capabilities on igb0.30: 0x400

core2 is a bridge interface that contains a few bhyve guest tap interfaces. It's possible this message is triggered when adding or removing a tap interface from the bridge. Igb0.30 is a vlan interface. As I'm not an active kernel developer, actually finding out what capability 0x400 refers to seems to be neigh on impossible.

Regards,
Matt Churchyard