On Netgraph

Tom Marcoen tom.marcoen at gmail.com
Wed May 27 08:07:04 UTC 2020

Hey all,

I'm new to this mailing list and also quite new to FreeBSD (huray, welcome
to me!) so bare with me, please.

I'm reading up on Netgraph on how I can integrate it with FreeBSD jails and
I was looking at some of the examples provided in
/usr/share/examples/netgraph and now have the following question.
The udp.tunnel example shows an iface point-to-point connection but it is
unencrypted. Of course I could encrypt it with an IPsec tunnel on the host
or tunnel it through SSH, but I was wondering whether there exists a nice
Netgraph solution, e.g. a node with two hooks, receiving unencrypted
traffic on the inside hook and sending out encrypted traffic on the outside
hook.

Regards,
Tom