VLAN over LACP Debugging help

Saad, Mark Mark.Saad at lucera.com
Wed May 20 20:55:11 UTC 2020

All
 I was looking into an issue I am seeing sporadically where I see LCAP link state changes for no obvious reasons.
This is on 12.1-STABLE r354698 amd64 using Solarflare nics ( 7K and 8K cards). There are two ports in a LACP lagg with a few ( 10 - 30 )
vlans on top of it.  As what appear to be random moments the LACP linkstate flaps between the server and the switch.
It will flap for about 20 to 30 seconds and then resolve itself.

I read this post from Oliver C about how net.link.ifqmaxlen can effect LACP and LAGG but I dont understand how.
https://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-net@freebsd.org/msg61904.html

I feel like I am missing something obvious .

Mark Saad
mark.saad at lucera.com