[Differential] D24061: Hyper-V socket implementation for FreeBSD guest

whu (Wei Hu) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 11 08:34:39 UTC 2020

whu added a comment.

  In D24061#540008 <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24061#540008>, @ae wrote:

  > Do you have performance test results for already existing linux implementation?
  > From a quick look it seems to me there will be bottleneck regarding locking that seems can be reduced using CK and epoch. But this task can be done in future, if you plan support this code.

  Thanks Andrey and I am sorry for my late reply. I have been tied up with something at work.
  The Lunix number is in this place:
  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?h=v5.6-rc5&id=ac383f58f3c98de37fa67452acc5bd677396e9f3

  The test was run on different hardware so it is not an apple to apple comparison. It seems a bottleneck from guest to host connection on FreeBSD. I do plan to support and maintain this code. Once I have more time I will spend more on this to improve.

REPOSITORY
  rS FreeBSD src repository

CHANGES SINCE LAST ACTION
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24061/new/