SFP I2C interface in drivers (driver SIOCGI2C support)

Scheffenegger, Richard Richard.Scheffenegger at netapp.com
Mon Jun 22 14:28:15 UTC 2020

Hi Alex,

I was looking for the SIOCGI2C socket ioctl API, and did not find it in the intel driver. Which led me to believe this was the reason for me not seeing the SFP data.

 But after correctly looking up the SFP info (the port was in a different jail, which confused me), it turns out that it's not Intel NIC, but Qlogic CNA who are not providing this info when in IP mode.

        slot 0: 1G/10G Ethernet Controller CNA EP 8324
                (Dual-port, QLogic CNA 8324(8362) rev. 2)
                e0f MAC Address:    00:a0:98:ef:a9:4c (auto-10g_twinax-fd-up)
                e0e MAC Address:    00:a0:98:ef:a9:4b (auto-10g_twinax-fd-up)
                Device Type:        EP8324N
                Firmware Version:   5.4.66.0

ql0 at pci0:14:0:0:        class=0x020000 card=0xfb051275 chip=0x88301077 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'QLogic Corp.'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

Which is the driver qlxgbe...