Add support for building Linux-only network drivers

Niclas Zeising zeising+freebsd at daemonic.se
Fri Jul 24 17:42:50 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-24 09:01, zerous wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to work on the project: Add support for building
> Linux-only network drivers. I am just wondering who I might have to
> talk to when I need some kind of direction.
>
> I would also like to know if somebody is working on something that is
> related to this.  I have only started reading about the linux
> compatability layer.

Hi!
The Linux compatibility layer, aka Linuxolator, is for running userland
Linux binaries on FreeBSD.  I think what you're looking for is the Linux
KPI, or lkpi.  I believe Mellanox network card drivers are using this,
and I know the drm-kmod graphics drivers are.  This might be a starting
point for you.
Regards
--
Niclas