rpc.statd already ipv6 clean?

Hiroki Sato hrs at allbsd.org
Tue Sep 24 23:58:54 UTC 2019

Mihir Luthra <luthramihir708 at gmail.com> wrote
  in <CAEa=dYAEKph9qOcegtEB+FXCMqdQpmbrbzOA548cvjk0L3KK4A at mail.gmail.com>:

lu> Hi everyone,
lu>
lu> Just as mentioned in [1], rpc.statd is not ipv6 clean.
lu>
lu> Although I have been through the code, and didn't found any issues until
lu> now. The code conditionally checks for ipv6/ipv4 everywhere and uses ipv6
lu> compatible functions.
lu>
lu> As per one old commit [2], seems rpc.statd was already made to function
lu> correctly with ipv6.
lu>
lu> I searched bugzilla(thinking someone may have reported something similar,
lu> giving rise to the project), but didn't see anything similar for rpc.statd
lu> and ipv6 support.
lu>
lu> I wanted to ask if someone could share the issues they encountered while
lu> using rpc.statd with ipv6?

 I think the project page has wrong information regarding rpc.statd.
 Although it is not clean from the viewpoint of transport independent,
 it works with IPv6.

 There are more userland utilities which do not support IPv6---rwhod,
 yp*, etc.

-- Hiroki