testing rpc.statd

Mihir Luthra luthramihir708 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 15:17:22 UTC 2019

Hi,

I was trying to make changes to usr.sbin/rpc.statd to make it ipv6 clean.

I am looking for some good ways to test my changes, would be great if I
could receive some help.

Till now what I planned is setting a NFS client on another system and NFS
server on FreeBSD machine and test its changes and then reverse. I am not
sure if I could do it on the same machine by some way.
Also, I am already running FreeBSD on virtualbox on macos, so another layer
of virtual machine maybe heavy for the system to handle.

Although I saw a test.c [1] file in the directory. I was wondering if this
complete is the test suite for statd? I tried running `make test` but it
said `No such file or dir: test.c`. Am I doing something wrong here?

[1] https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/tree/master/usr.sbin/rpc.statd

Thanks,
Mihir