10 Gbps NIC - advice needed

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 18:50:12 UTC 2019

I just wanted to say that I got several Intel 10 GBE cards:

    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Ethernet Controller 10G X550T'

and while FreeBSD support seems strong, they will not hold a 10G connection
with my UniFi swtich.  The talk 1G just fine, but even with the most
expensive cat6 cables, they won't talk 10GE with the switch.

I have several Asus "AREION" cards that talk just fine to said switch.with
any of the cat 5e+ or better cables... so the switch itself is fine.

For myself, I'm considering getting some SFP for other cards I have around
and using those with fiber (or maybe trying copper).  Some of those cards
are also the IX driver.