[SOLVED] Re: FRR on FreeBSD 12 - problems with OSPFv3

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd-rwg at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Sat Oct 12 19:28:28 UTC 2019

> On 10/11/19 4:14 PM, BulkMailForRudy wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the questions, good for me to think about it some more.?
> > Short response:
> >
> > ?I don't think it is the FRR config, but the routes received that are
> > crashing it or ospf6d has some other issue.
> >

> Got it running!? I tested the theory that 'bad routes' were crashing
> ospf6d.? This did it.? I have some odd,legacy,test /124 blocks in the
> network (will ferret them out), but filtering the routes fixes this.
>
> router ospf6
>  ?auto-cost reference-bandwidth 10000
>  ?area 0.0.0.0 filter-list prefix IN-OSPF6 in
>  ?interface cxl1 area 0.0.0.0
>  ?interface cxl2 area 0.0.0.0
>  ?interface cxl3 area 0.0.0.0
> !
> ipv6 prefix-list IN-OSPF6 seq 3 permit 2607:f598::/32 le 64
> ipv6 prefix-list IN-OSPF6 seq 99 deny ::/0 le 128
>

> Rudy

Great,
Would you still please open an issue as pointed out in another
email at the FRR site, this helps them track and close the underlying
problem.  No route received from any peer should *crash* a daemon.

Including this additional data may help them to identify the problem.
Regards,
--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org