DHCPv6 client in base

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 00:33:14 UTC 2019

On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 at 8:53 am, Ben Woods <woodsb02 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 2:25 am, Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> <driesm.michiels at gmail.com> wrote
>>   in <001e01d50b49$176104d0$46230e70$@gmail.com>:
>>
>> dr> Has anyone ever thought or considered integrating an IPv6 DHCP client
>> in
>> dr> base?
>>

> I would like to discuss whether dhcpcd is a better option to import into
> FreeBSD base, rather than wide-dhcp6.

Hi everyone,

I have been working on importing dhcpcd into FreeBSD base over the last few
days, and should be ready to share something on phabricator for review this
weekend.

In addition to the normal review cycle, given I am a ports committer (I
don’t have a src commit bit), I would need this to be endorsed and approved
by a src committer.

I have heavily utilised the Makefile and rc scripts from DragonFly BSD.

I don’t intend to include any changes to the kernel for improved dhcpcd
functionality as a part of this review - these could be made subsequently
if dhcpcd is committed. For now it would just be the same functionality as
if you used the net/dhcpcd port.

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods