Eliminating IPv6 (?)

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Tue Jun 18 08:52:58 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 01:39:46AM -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> >	firewall_script="/etc/rc.firewall"
>
> Actually, no, that's not how one is supposed to enable one's own set
> of ipfw ules.  To do that, the Handbook (Sec. 30.4.1) says very clearly
> that one should do:
>
>     firewall_enable="YES"
>     firewall_type="path-to-my-rules-file"

Well, it works for me, and is likely sound practical advice, though
for the record (don't recall why) I have both:

    firewall_enable="YES"
    firewall_script="/etc/rc.homenet"
    firewall_type="homenet"

which yields precisely the rules I specified.  I hear your frustration,
but venting is unlikely to be a good way to motivate people to spend
unpaid time to help.  Short, neutral posts with concrete questions
backed by specific details of your system, what you expected and
what you got, would I think be more productive.

Focus on what your negative experience is with IPv6 enabled, and
someone may be able to help you get past any obstacles.  Indignation
about having IPv6 inflicted on you is I think a suboptimal strategy.

--
	Viktor.