SNMP/No Bufferspace

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Mon Jun 3 18:27:36 UTC 2019

04.06.2019 1:15, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> Name    Mtu Network       Address              Ipkts Ierrs Idrop    Opkts Oerrs  Coll  Drop
> bce0   1.5K <Link#2>      a4:ba:db:29:66:95     715M  186k     0     533M     0     0   15M

Something really bad happening at driver level or physical level:
way too many input errors (perhaps, bad CRC) and output drops (due to busy media?).

I prefer to max out interface FIFO length while using bce(4) by means of /boot/loader.conf
when link is heavily utilized:

# max = 8*255 = 2040
hw.bce.tx_pages=8

Also, check driver-level stats with sysctl dev.bce.0
If possible, check link partner - managed switch port counters or what does it have.
Maybe, replace twisted pair cable.