ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 Supported?

Mark Raynsford list+org.freebsd.net at io7m.com
Wed Oct 31 12:36:19 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-31T15:07:18 +0300
"Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher at yandex.ru> wrote:

> On 27.10.2018 14:08, Mark Raynsford via freebsd-net wrote:
> >>   "The bwn(4) driver supports Broadcom BCM43xx based wireless
> >>   devices..."
> >>
> >> But the actual card itself isn't listed.
>
> OpenBSD/NetBSD has bwfm driver, that seems supports this card.

I see! Thanks.

Is it likely that the driver (or even just the relevant portions of the
driver) will be ported to FreeBSD?

To be clear, I bought this card fully expecting that there was only a
50/50 chance it would work. I'm fine with waiting for a future release
to get actual support - I can continue using my older/slower wireless
NIC in the mean time.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com