What are conditions to spread traffic across different NIC queues?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 26 15:16:02 UTC 2018

On 26.10.2018 18:04, Pieper, Jeffrey E wrote:

> So what exactly is your complaint? That a higher end chipset has more features than a low-end chipset?
 Please, don't take my complain too serious, it was emotional reaction
after 2 hours of googling, reading datasheets and investigation :-)
  I'm perfectly happy with Intel hardware, to be honest. And all newer
chipsets support this feature even desktop ones (I210, for example,
supports it according to datasheet).

 There is slight problem — I can not pay something more and get better
in these days, as typically, nobody produce "same motherboard but with
slightly better NICs for +$5/$10/$15". But it is not Intel problem, per
se, but market problem.

 For example, MoBo in question is Intel D2500CC (yes, it is OLD, I
know), and there was NO same MoBo with better NIC chips. Same with
Supermicro, same with other «embedded» hardware manufacturers. And don't
ask me about desktop MoBos :-)

--
// Lev Serebryakov