get rid of the eui64 address

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Wed Oct 17 09:45:58 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I have a static IPv6 address configured on a host. However, an
autoconfigured eui64 address keeps popping up even if I delete it
manually.  It's marked by the "autoconf" flag in the ifconfig output.

Can I get rid of the autoconf'ed address for good, but still keep the
rtsold running (for the sake of the default gateway)?

Or should I leave it alone? I just want to make sure that the static
IPv6 address is used for outgoing connections.

My current rc.conf includes:

ifconfig_vtnet0_ipv6="inet6 2001:19f0:5001:21dc::10 prefixlen 64"
ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="YES"
rtsold_enable="YES"
rtsold_flags="-aF"

--