FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Oct 4 12:39:34 UTC 2018

On 10/4/18 2:06 PM, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:

> (heck, even RPis have a GBit interface

Only the 3B.
Older models, up to the first RPi3 still have a 100Mb/s NIC.
I just happen to have an RPi3 and I'd really love to convert it to
FreeBSD once 12.x is stable enough.

BTW, I also use fxp interfaces a lot, but that's just because I have
several of them around: no use spending a few Euros for faster cards if
they are going to be used for ADSL lines.

Then I have an old "hot-spare" computer that has an onboard FastEthernet
NIC... I'll have to check which one it is and if support for it is being
dropped.
Or... I could insert another spare fxp there too :)

Seriously, I'd be disappointed if the yet-to-come-to-stable support for
my Raspberry was deprivated of its NIC driver.
Other than that, on the amd64 side, I'll live with this (if I have to).

  bye
	av.