Killer E2500 network driver

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd-rwg at pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net
Sun Jun 24 17:16:39 UTC 2018

> Hi All,
>
> This list states that 10-Stable supports Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet
> controller:
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/10-STABLE/hardware/support.html
>
> However, similar list for 11-Stable doesn't list that driver:
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/11-STABLE/hardware/support.html
>
> Does it mean that the driver has been removed, and if yes then why?

I believe it was a "added" feature in 10 stable, my 11 stable
alc(4) man page lists the E2500 as supported.

     The alc device driver provides support for the following Ethernet
     controllers:

     o   Atheros AR8131 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8132 PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8151 v1.0 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8151 v2.0 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8152 v1.1 PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8152 v2.0 PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8161 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8162 PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8171 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
     o   Atheros AR8172 PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
     o   Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet controller
     o   Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet controller
     o   Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet controller

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org