After re-enabling TSO, not seeing TSO pkts until restart iperf command

Bhargava Chenna Marreddy bhargava.marreddy at broadcom.com
Mon Oct 9 11:27:46 UTC 2017

Can someone please confirm whether this is expected behavior?

Why am I not able to see TSO pkts until I re-start iperf session?

Steps to reproduce:-

1. Load if_bnxt (or any other NIC) driver and assign IP

2. start iperf TCP traffic

3. Capture Tx pkts (command: tcpdump -i bnxt0), I can see > 60K length pkts.

4. Disable tso (command: ifconfig bnxt0 -tso)

5. Capture Tx pkts (command: tcpdump -i bnxt0).

   Max pkt length seen is 1440 (non-tso pkts)

6. Enable TSO (command: ifconfig bnxt0 -tso)

7. Capture Tx pkts (command: tcpdump -i bnxt0).

   Max pkt length seen is still 1440 (I was expecting TSO pkts here).

8. Terminate iperf sessions and start again.

   Now, I can see TSO pkts.