Public IPv6s fail on KVM bridge with "No buffer space available"

William Gathoye william at gathoye.be
Mon May 22 12:04:00 UTC 2017

Thanks all for your answers. Since I'm not subscribed to this list,
please make sure I'm in your `To` field when replying.

On 05/16/2017 21:36:54, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
> Did you tried to use the fe80 of your router as gateway?

After some discussion with guys from the company behind OPNsense, I have
been able to solve my issue.

My far gateway was in /56. Even if my IPv6 is not a /56, setting my IPv6
with a /56 prefix instead of the /64 fixed my issue.

Thanks for the explanation with NDP, Andrey, this is what made us on the
track. :)

Btw, if I wanted to use link local addresses to communicate with the
provider next hop gateway, how can I know the local link fe80 IPv6
address of that gateway since my provider (OVH) doesn't disclose it?

Regards,

And thanks again for your help. :)

--
William Gathoye