[Differential] D10603: distinguish NFS versus TFTP boot by rootpath

avg (Andriy Gapon) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 18 08:04:20 UTC 2017

avg added a comment.

  My opinion is that pxeboot is in the same league as ipxe.  Of course, pxeboot is more specialized, but it is still a chain-loaded PXE boot client.
  I see two possibilities of providing FreeBSD specific boot information.
  Either we provide it via FreeBSD vendor extensions, so that we do not interfere with any earlier PXE boot programs (like ipxe or any other pxe loader in a NIC).
  Or a DHCP / PXE server should be configured to distinguish pxeboot by its telltale signs and give out a different set of PXE options.
  In my environment I implement the second approach.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10603

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/