[Differential] D10603: distinguish NFS versus TFTP boot by rootpath

bapt (Baptiste Daroussin) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 17 21:58:31 UTC 2017

bapt added a comment.

  What I mean is we cannot use the one I listed above because they are interpreted by ipxe. For example if one netboots from qemu it will use ipxe under the hood first, then if you pass rootpath tftp:/ ipxe will say

    Next server: 192.168.42.1
    Filename: /pxeboot
    Root path: tftp:/
    Could not open SAN device: Invalid argument (http://ipxe.org/1c126002)
    No more network devices

  and the boot process fails.

  Which is why what I propose is tftpfs:/ because it is not used by ipxe
  and by default we remain on over nfs so we don't break existing usage

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10603

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/