[Differential] D10603: distinguish NFS versus TFTP boot by rootpath

kczekirda (Kamil Czekirda) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 17 21:06:18 UTC 2017

kczekirda added a comment.

  In https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10603#223305, @tsoome wrote:

  > In https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10603#223301, @bapt wrote:
  >
  > > We need to find a better mechanism, as this break usage where rootpath /something was before this patch expecting NFS to be located on the same serveur as the tftp server. This is now broken (it is used quite a lot apparently)
  >

  > Which means we are back at the beginning; we can not use the initial pxe ack, we need to build the request asking for both tftp and nfs, and select the method based on response.

  It's sad that we have to implement PXE client properly, because vendors can't.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10603

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/