[Differential] D10485: Replace dhcp option 150 by 66

avg (Andriy Gapon) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 12 17:35:10 UTC 2017

avg added a comment.

  I only recently looked into our pxeboot and it seems to be grossly non compliant with the PXE specification.
  And it probably needs to be because it acts as a PXE client.
  For starters, it does not support "Proxy DHCP" (a PXE server running separately from a DHCP server) at all.
  Format of option 60, vendor class identifier, is non compliant.
  Option 93, client system architecture, is not sent at all.  And the same goes for a few other mandatory options.

  Seems like pxeboot works only with very permissive servers.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10485

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/