[Differential] D10485: Replace dhcp option 150 by 66

kczekirda (Kamil Czekirda) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 1 22:54:11 UTC 2017

kczekirda added a comment.

  Until I go forward with your comments about the code I want to highlight it's not possible to support option 150, because we have to ask DHCP server for this option. PXE client (I mean network card firmware) never asks about option 150. I can't see any chance to use this non standard option but revert r314948 and always do DHCP request for everything. The second option is doing DHCP request in #ifdef LOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT directive, what is something bad too, because we want to have one universal loader for both (NFS and TFTP) protocols. The third option is to force DHCP request in ifdef directive when somebody really wants to do this. And the last one option - to leave support for option 150, because it has never appear in the documentation. I can't see any really good solution, now your move to comment.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10485

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/