Sporadic TCP/RST sent to client

Youssef GHORBAL youssef.ghorbal at pasteur.fr
Tue Jun 27 09:04:36 UTC 2017

[...]

>>        I've read about netisr work and I was under the impression that even if it's SMP enabled it was made to keep prorocol ordering.
>>
>>        What's the expected behaviour in this scenario on the netisr side ?
>>        How can I push the investigation further ?
>
> I think you've already figured out the situation here -- the PSH/ACK is likely
> being handled before the ACK for the SYN because they arrived on different
> interfaces.  There is nothing in netisr dispatch that will maintain protocol
> ordering in this case.

Navdeep, thank you for you feedback. I don't get the fact that netisr is not lagg "aware" (if I may say)
I understand that netisr dispatch can't maintain ordering if NICs are treated separetly. But when they are enslaved in a "lagg", from the point of the view of the lagg interface itself, packets arrive ordred and I expect the system to handle it correctly. The fact is that it is actually handled correctly in most cases but not when packets are really "close" (under 10 microseconds)

Maybe the default sysctl settings are not meant to handle this corner case, but I did'nt find anything regarding this in documentation.

Youssef Ghorbal